YC122.12.10 - Yoiul Festival

//PERSONAL LOG
//ENTRY BY CLEMENTINE LAFLEUR
//DATE YC122.12.10

 Happy Yoiul! It is that time of year again when the elders tell folktales of Yoiul legends, children are gifted presents, and we look back and reminisce, or regret in some cases I suppose, on the year we have had. I say regret not for myself but for some of the other capsuleers. In the past month or so I have seen more than I could have seen in several lifetimes. And I have seen what that immortality affords to those that have made millions of more choices than I. No one is perfect and no one can make the right choice every time. Some do so freely, some not so much, but being able to recognise that decision and grow from it is what keeps our humanity intact. 

The below poem is one of the more famous ones that the elders tell and it's quite long. For now, I have added the first few verses, but I have attached the link to Galnet for the full version.


Let me tell the story
of the lads of few charms,
who once upon a time
used to visit our farms.

Thirteen altogether,
these gents in their prime
didn´t want to irk people
all at one time.

They came from the mountains,
as many of you know,
in a long single file
to the farmsteads below.

Creeping up, all stealth,
they unlocked the door.
The kitchen and the pantry
they came looking for.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YC123.04.15 - A Month Gone By

YC122.10.29 - Crimson Harvest

YC122.10.27 - Silas Vitalia